I don’t know about you, but when the cold weather hits, I love eating freshly baked treats like sugar cookies and cupcakes! Recently, I’ve been re-reading the Cupcake Diaries and was inspired to share some ideas I have that are cupcake themed.
Cupcake Liner Snowflakes
- Cupcake liners (solid colours may work best)
- Take a cupcake liner.
- Fold the liner in half from top to bottom.
- Fold the liner again from left to right.
- Fold the liner one more time from left to right again.
- Make cuts on the folded edges.
- Once you’ve made the cuts you want, put the scissors down and open up your snowflake!
- Do steps 1-5 until you have as many snowflakes as you want. These make fun winter-themed decorations for your room!
Cupcake Liner Trees
- Cupcake liners
This craft is really fun and easy.
- Take one cupcake liner.
- Fold the cupcake liner to form a triangle. To do this, fold the liner in half from top to bottom. Then, put some glue on one side and fold the liner in half again, from left to right.
- Put some glue on one side and paste that side down on a piece of paper.
- Do steps 1-3 two or three more times, depending on how tall you want your tree.
- You can embellish the tree by adding glitter for snow or decorations. Make a whole woodsy theme by drawing woodland creatures around the tree.
Reindeer cupcake recipe
- Chocolate cupcake mix
- Chocolate icing
- 2 mini Pretzels for antlers
- Wafer cookie for nose
- Red gum ball for nose
- 2 candy eyes
- Cupcake liners
Prepare the cupcake mix as directed on the package. The fun part comes in the decorations!
- Once the cupcakes are iced with the chocolate icing, take your 2 mini pretzels and put them on the cupcake near the top.
- In the middle, place a wafer cookie.
- On top of the cookie put a little bit of icing on it and place the red gum ball on it for the nose.
- Put on the 2 candy eyes.
- Place the cupcakes on a tray and have fun giving your own names to the reindeer.
Take It Further
The best part about the Cupcake Diaries series is that some of the books have cupcake recipes at the end of the story! Check out a book from the library today and get more creative ideas for your baking fun!
What’s your favourite cupcake recipe? What Cupcake Diaries books have you read? Share your ideas in the comments below or email us a picture of your cupcake adventures to email@example.com
POST WRITTEN BY TAMSIN C., CHILDREN’S PROGRAMMER